mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Hagay Lupesko <lupe...@gmail.com>
Subject Updating MXNet's Cub
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 17:00:54 GMT
Hi all,

One of MXNet’s submodule dependencies is a snapshot of Nvidia Cub (
https://github.com/dmlc/cub) – the snapshot is of an older version of Cub
(1.7), while the latest Nvidia Cub release is 1.8.  Note that dmlc/cub has
no customizations of the source Cub repo.

I’d like to suggest to update the existing Cub submodule to Nvidia’s Cub
repo. Instead of the snapshot, MXNet will be using Nvidia’s repo and the
latest release (both repos have the same BSD-3 license, so licensing should
not be an issue).

Wanted to get feedback from the community to make sure I'm not missing
anything.

if there are no objections I'll submit a PR for the change.

Cheers,

Hagay