mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Bhavin Thaker <bhavintha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build from source instructions
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 17:44:34 GMT
The automated build script on macOS was written with the intention to have
an automated, easy and quick way to build and install MXNet by any user,
new-bie or advanced. The build script aims to provide repeatability and an
easy way to test the build instructions.

Without the script, the build instructions had many combinations of
possibilities which would break for various users and there was no easy way
to test all the combinations.

I propose that we have both well-written build instructions with
corresponding automated build script to ensure that the build instructions
are well-tested.

Please remember that there can be multiple use-cases and user preferences
to build MXNet.

Bhavin Thaker.