mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Roshani Nagmote <roshaninagmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release plan - MXNET 1.3
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 16:05:34 GMT
Hi all,

Right now, we are delaying MXNet 1.3 release for pending TensorRT PR (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11325 ).

I wanted to ask everyone for their opinions if we should delay the release
to get tensorRT integration in or we should go ahead with the release and
include tensorRT in next release. Please provide suggestions.

Thanks,
Roshani

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:45 AM Hagay Lupesko <lupesko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some thoughts: why not keep it out of 1.3, and merge it into master so it
> can go out with 1.4 instead?
> Pros:
> - Reduce quality risks for 1.3
> - More time to test and get feedback before release
> - Avoid further delays in 1.3 release (lots of good stuff there already for
> users)
> Cons:
> - People will need to get master to experiment with TRT (not a major issue
> IMO)
>
> Besides, TRT requires a build flag anyway, so MXNet users consuming built
> packages (PyPi, Scala) will anyway not be able to try it out unless
> building from source...
>
> Thoughts?
>
> On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 10:38 PM Steffen Rochel <steffenrochel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Marek, Kellen, Jun, Da, Eric, myself and a few other people discussed
> > offline about TensorRT integration PR (
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11325 ). We do agree that
> > it
> > would be good to include the PR into upcoming 1.3 release, but are all
> > concerned about the risk involved and the breaking API change. The
> > discussion converged to following proposal. (1) change to contrib PR and
> > (2) define a different top level API to indicate that the package is part
> > of contrib and experimental (details of API TBD between Marek, Kellen and
> > Eric). This change would allow to include TRT integration with v1.3 to
> > enable users to try TRT with MXNet, minimize the risk and avoid breaking
> > API change.
> > To accommodate the change the request is to delay RC for a few days.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steffen
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 5:08 PM Roshani Nagmote <
> roshaninagmote2@gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have created a wiki for tracking MXNet 1.3 release with the timeline.
> > > Please take a look here:
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.3.0+Release+Status
> > >
> > > I am still waiting for following 2 PRs to get merged:
> > > TRT integration: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11325
> > > Gluon RNN: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11482
> > >
> > > *Code freeze date is 08/02(Thursday).* Kindly try to complete ongoing
> > work
> > > and get these PRs merged.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Roshani
> > >

> > > On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 1:02 PM Roshani Nagmote <
> [...]
July 23rd.
> > Please
> > time.

> > bug

> [...]