mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Roshani Nagmote <roshaninagmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release plan - MXNET 1.3
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 20:20:30 GMT
Thanks Kellen. Yes, we were treating this PR as a release blocker. Do you
have any ETA by which it will be completed? Approximate time will also work.
@zhi, Thanks for bringing this PR into notice. I will keep a track of it.

-Roshani

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:30 AM Joshua Z. Zhang <cheungchih@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I strongly suggest to track this PR
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11908 <
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11908> in 1.3 release
> which fixed the usability issue for lower end machines that don’t have as
> large shared memory space as ec2 instances.
>
> Best,
>
> - Zhi
>
> > On Aug 7, 2018, at 9:05 AM, Roshani Nagmote <roshaninagmote2@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Right now, we are delaying MXNet 1.3 release for pending TensorRT PR (
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11325 ).
> >
> > I wanted to ask everyone for their opinions if we should delay the
> release
> > to get tensorRT integration in or we should go ahead with the release and
> > include tensorRT in next release. Please provide suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roshani
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:45 AM Hagay Lupesko <lupesko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Some thoughts: why not keep it out of 1.3, and merge it into master so
> it
> >> can go out with 1.4 instead?
> >> Pros:
> >> - Reduce quality risks for 1.3
> >> - More time to test and get feedback before release
> >> - Avoid further delays in 1.3 release (lots of good stuff there already
> for
> >> users)
> >> Cons:
> >> - People will need to get master to experiment with TRT (not a major
> issue
> >> IMO)
> >>
> >> Besides, TRT requires a build flag anyway, so MXNet users consuming
> built
> >> packages (PyPi, Scala) will anyway not be able to try it out unless
> >> building from source...
> >>
> >> Thoughts?

> that
> and

> [...]