mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Mu Li <muli....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with understanding docs
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:39:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 2:20 PM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <isabel@apache.org>
wrote:

> Am 8. August 2018 21:34:47 MESZ schrieb Tianqi Chen <
> tqchen@cs.washington.edu>:
> >As far as I understand, these are packages that are build on top of
> >gluon
> >and runs on MXNet,
>
> Going through the hosted subdomains that seems not quite correct (or the
> content hosted is not entirely correct):

> navigating to discuss.mxnet.io

"This site faciliates data sharing for the MXNet project" is what I get
> navigating to data.mxnet.io

This site is deprecated (created before mxnet went to apache), we still
kept it alive because some old codes may need data from it.

> https://gluon-nlp.mxnet.io/ looks like something you describe. Not sure
> who exactly is behind it in a legal sense (maybe this helps with
> understanding where my confusion/worry I coming from for it:
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/success-at-apache-the-apache1 )

gluon-nlp and gluon-cv are two packaged based on gluon. It's still on early
developing, we are considering to either donote them to apache or merge
into mxnet when they are in a more mature sitation. At the same time, we
are consualting lawyers for the trademark issue, e.g. if gluon is a
trade-mark owned by Apache.

> https://zh.mxnet.io ... From what little I understand this looks like
> some Apache mxnet blog in Chinese?
>
> It's a placeholder for the Chinese translated mxnet documents. Currently
it's just a simple index page.