mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Hen <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for feedback: proposal for MXNet SDK Office hours
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2018 03:02:30 GMT
My concerns on Office Hours are:

1) Voice and F2F are not very welcoming for a diverse community. There I
am, sitting in New Zealand, and you want me to get on the phone and wake up
the rest of the family to have a conversation. Or get on a plane.
2) Having to book time is also not very welcoming. I would expect the
booking time notion to happen because too many requests for help are
happening and it's not possible to handle them all; or because no one ever
shows up (in which case congrats, free time for the committers to chat
about ideas - provided it doesn't stop people asking for help).

Have you tried the more classic Open Source approach of a specific time on
an IM channel to discuss? Apache often uses IRC (irc.freenode.net).

Hen