mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Squash/Merge PRs
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2018 07:08:32 GMT
Hi All,

I am seeing that maintainers merge PRs into the repo, they are squashing
the commits in the PR, which I understand and agree is to keep a sane
commit history, however this is causing problem when there are multiple
contributors involved on a PR(by contributing to a fork of the repo) this
effectively removes credit for multiple contributors involved and shows all
code as authored by the contributor who created the PR.

Can I request maintainers to not squash PRs if there are multiple
contributors involved on the PR.

Also on the same note, I request contributors(regardless of multiple
contributors or not) to keep a clean commit history by squashing the
commits and not push all your WIP commits to the PR. this will help us keep
our commit history clean and meaningful.

Let me know your thoughts/better approach or If I have misunderstood how
this works.

Thanks, Naveen