mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Request to join developing PR Best practice guidelines
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:35:33 GMT
Hi All,

As a part of my job I am looking for ways to improve PR response time,
participation, and PR quality. On asking a few committers/contributors near
by(Andrea, Hagay, Mu Li, Steffen) and their feedback was that some PRs do
not have enough details and only those who collaborate closely can review
the PR. This could be because developers for various reasons, they might
forget due to time-pressure, other priorities and the current guidelines
might not be(IMO) enough.
I would like to volunteer to enhance the existing PR Checklist created by
the community members, and I request members to join this effort so we can
collaborate and come up with a good set of guidelines and propose here on
the dev@, please reach out to me on Slack or here if you are interested to
contribute.

Currently I am thinking of splitting this effort into
1) PR Best Practices for authors.
2) PR Checklist for reviewers.
3) Coding Guidelines.

Thanks, Naveen