mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release process for R
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2018 16:16:55 GMT
Hi Tong,

I hear your comments on how R users already build packages themselves, but
I do think we should provide a easy to install package that comes pre-built
with all the dependencies(MKL, CUDA, CUDNN for GPU, etc.,) by publishing to
CRAN, of course we can start by publishing to a S3 bucket while we collect
feedback from users. I think providing a pre-built package lowers the entry
barrier to use MXNet-R since building the MXNet backend is a multi-step and
non-trivial process, I am not sure if we need to R users to know this in
the first place.

-Naveen