mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Zha <szha....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Subscribe dev@ to Github Activities
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:26:01 GMT
Hi Anirudh,

1. You need exactly one filter to filter out all the github notifications
on PRs and issues: "from:notifications@github.com", and you'd get your S/N
ratio back.
2. Having the option to do design discussion on an issue or PR is actually
a good thing as many discussions are quite small and better accompanied by
code. If for some reason a merged design needs revisiting, there's still
the option of sending an email to dev@ and discuss about it.
3. About votes, commit vote (and veto) can already happen on PR per past
agreement. The discussion for procedural vote IMO should be allowed to
happen on Github if it's development related. Procedural votes themselves
should and can still happen on dev@.

About "you don't really have to do anything explicitly on the dev@ list",
besides the above arguments, we don't send emails to dev@ just for the
purpose of sending it. On the other hand, since "whatever didn't happen on
dev list didn't happen", we'd need better arguments on why we'd choose to
forego the transparency.

-sz