mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Qing Lan <lanking...@live.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] improve MXNet Scala release process
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:49:30 GMT
Upon offline discussion with Marco,

He proposed a plan that can actually help us conduct 3):
	1. This job will not be trigger when PR runs and strictly limit that only committer can run
the restricted job.
	2. The code being run in there will only covers the code from the branch you choose to go,
it will be committers responsibilities not to merge any trivial credential grabber code.
	3. Test this is simple. The restricted job uses a similar architecture with current CI. You
can send a PR with dockerfiles, scripts and configurations on Jenkins to give it a test to
run the job with a mock credential. Finally please contact people working on CI to give it
a test run and they will do the last step to merge your change to CI.
	4. Marco also mentioned the security level of the credentials. The credential being used
in the AWS Credential services will be assigned with an individual IAM role, which only allows
to access to the credentials that role being assigned to, and used in the restricted job you
have set up.

I would also like to encourage people in this list  to join the https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/MXNet+Berlin+Office+Hours
as the people who is working on improving the CI are there ready to help.

Thanks,
Qing