mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Abandoned MXNet readthedocs site
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 20:00:27 GMT
On 03/07/18 18:44, Hen wrote:
> Chris/Mark - is this a Legal (Chris) topic or a Brand Management (Mark)
> topic?

Personally, I would not be prepared to sign a DMCA for this without
legal advice. Even then I may not.

Section 2 of the ALv2 effectively authorises this particular use.

DMCA take down notices require a statement that the use is unauthorised.

Signatories are required to declare, under penalty of perjury, that the
take down notice is true and correct.

I would hope that a readthedocs core maintainer would be able to resolve
this. The abandoned project process also looks like an option - and
would allow the project to benefit from serving current docs at what
appears to be a popular place to look for them.

Mark