mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Qing Lan <lanking...@live.com>
Subject Proposal to release the Examples for Scala in V1.3
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 22:47:44 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to propose the release plan for MXNet Scala examples in V1.3. Currently, the
examples in the main repository are not maintained for a long time. I have spent some time
to use the improved Scala API (known as the .api) to improve the examples with documentation
to run and add CI tests. However, I am facing the difficulties to resolve memory leaks as
most of the examples did not contains memory leak fixes. It crashes the CI because of that.
We can temporarily disable the CI test for some of the examples and release them with 1.3
and enable them once we have a better GC in MXNet Scala. Here is a brief Pros and Cons for
this release:

Pros:

  *   A good set of demos on how to use improved Training API
  *   Examples are fixed with full documentation to help to run them

Cons:

  *   Examples contains the memory leak issues may cause problems

Please kindly share your ideas in this thread and I am really appreciate for your help.

Thanks,
Qing