mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote to stop using JIRA
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 10:56:08 GMT

On 6/9/2018 12:43 PM, Marco de Abreu wrote:
> I think the big problem is that we have nobody who maintains JIRA properly.
> If we had a dedicated person who owns that system, I'm sure we could excell
> at it's usage and it would provide better value. About the plugins, I have
> to agree that we can just request assistance from Apache INFRA - that's
> what they are here for.
>
> I'd like to invite any non-committer to step up and help us with that
> system. We are able to grant any permissions even to non-committers, so
> that should not be a problem.

I'm already an Apache Struts committer [1] having experience with JIRA,
Jenkins, Travis and etc but non-committer here. Recently I fell in love
with mxnet. I mean I'm currently almost a newbie (this week I finished
chapter 1 of [2] and also were able to build mxnet from source).
Currently I continue studying at [2] while tracking here dev list and
JIRA. I'm planning to start fixing small issues as soon as I could :)

So according to above introduction to me, if you think I can be helpful
then I will be very happy to help. It's my honor and very good
opportunity to get involved and learn mxnet :)

Thanks in advance!

[1] http://struts.apache.org/volunteers.html#committers
[2] https://gluon.mxnet.io/