mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From YiZhi Liu <eazhi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote to stop using JIRA
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:51:56 GMT
I feel so far our 'jira process' is not well organized. Though I agree
with Steffen that Jira may be valuable for management task in some
cases, it is not good to force every PR tie with a JIRA task. For
example, I don't think this one worth a JIRA:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11225 . I did see PRs
with only tens of line changes been blocked by reviewers, just because
there's no related JIRA task. That's too brute and definitely not
friendly to new contributors.

If one (or a team) has a task need to be tracked, e.g., it is a large
feature, or it will be improved or fixed later, etc, I think it might
be fine to tracked by JIRA. If someone met problems, spent 10 minutes
fixed, shot a PR, it does not make sense to stick a red-cross and say,
a JIRA is required.

--
Yizhi Liu
DMLC member