mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Timur Shenkao <...@timshenkao.su>
Subject Re: users@mxnet
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2018 13:37:26 GMT
user mail list

Pros:
- Apache user mail list is indexed and kept forever in mailing lists. Very
convenient.
- Apache user mail list is indexed by search engines actively and info
appears in search results pretty soon.
- You just get e-mails and when you have spare time read & answer them.

Cons:
- Unless there are active people, user mail list may become "cemetery" of
unanswered questions

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Marco de Abreu <
marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Very good points Indu. I also think that the discussion forum is definitely
> of big value and that we should keep it. But I also don't think it would
> hurt anybody is we open up a new channel of communication, considering that
> managing an email list doesn't cause any additional overhead.
>
> Indhu <indhubharathi@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 16. Juni 2018, 00:37:
>
> > I prefer the discuss forum over email for following reasons:
> >
> > 1. It is easier for newcomers. People can login using Facebook, Twitter
> or
> > GitHub Id
> >
> > 2. The format is much more readable for people who search for something
> in
> > a search engine and land on the page.
> >
> > 3. Markdown support makes it easier to read code in the discussion.
> >
> > 4. Like button and marking a reply as answer signals the usefulness of an
> > answer.
> >
> > That said, if a reasonable number of people like email lists better, I'm
> > not against it as far as it can co-exist along with the discuss forum.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Indu
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2018, 11:23 PM Sergio Fernández <wikier@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your opinion, Tianqi. I still would love to listen others'
> > > opinion on the topic to really assert anything.

> > the
> "Apache
> wrong..

> But

> [...]
> [...]