mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Vote to stop using JIRA
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 08:13:36 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

I think the big problem is that we have nobody who maintains JIRA properly.
If we had a dedicated person who owns that system, I'm sure we could excell
at it's usage and it would provide better value. About the plugins, I have
to agree that we can just request assistance from Apache INFRA - that's
what they are here for.

Eric, we can't use GitHub the way you think you can. All features are
restricted to committers only. Nobody who's not a committer can change a
project plan, add tasks, change the status or do anything at all. JIRA -
with proper configuration - would allow this. I think we have to focus on
getting JIRA to work with the use cases we have and then we can revisit it.
But so far, unfortunately there has been nobody to step up.

I'd like to invite any non-committer to step up and help us with that
system. We are able to grant any permissions even to non-committers, so
that should not be a problem.

Best regards,
Marco