mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Vote to stop using JIRA
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 18:00:00 GMT
+1

While the intention of JIRA was good, we have proven as a community that we
are not able to use it properly and it's only being a burden. The initial
idea was that it allows us to manage projects publicly, make plans and
allow everybody to engage into these projects by just picking small tasks.

The reality is that everybody is just copy and pasting the PR title into
JIRA, there are no projects with subtasks, tickets are not maintained and
just stay open, there is no labelling in place or anything. In that state,
it does not provide any value. I don't really see how this is going to
change and thus it's better to remove the system altogether.

It's a pity that we as a community were not able to get this to work, but
that's the reality. In the best interest of our contributors, it'd be the
best to remove it again.

Best regards,
Marco