mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Clojure Package
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:07:51 GMT
The problem I see here is that the migration will have different type of
challenges which should be handled isolated. Trying to solve them all at
once will make it very lengthy and also hard to review. Considering Carin
and her team this is doing this on a voluntary base, I'd like to keep the
number of hoops to jump through per stage as small as possible and rather
split it up into multiple efforts.

If we would do everything at once, we'd have to involve a lot of people and
it would be hard to review. We'd need at least two or three reviewers
involved in that process: You (or another committer familiar with Scala to
review the Scala part), Yi Zhi (general reviewer) and me (CI integration).
It would probably require even more committers for other stuff that comes
up. It would rather be better to keep the parts that have to be touched as
isolated and few as possible.
For example, after the code has been approved and merged in general, I can
assist with the CI integration. This would not require oversight from other
committers, so they'd be free. After that, we'd need somebody familiar with
the release process (probably Naveen) and I'd be free after that. Then we
need general improvements which would also involve other people again.
Trying to squeeze everything into a single stage is going to make it very
hard in my opinion.

-Marco