mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Catching segmentation faults in nosetests
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 21:14:25 GMT
A crash in the library is not an error in the test, is a different
situation.

I suggest adding these flags to get stack traces and addressing the crash
as a separate bug.

https://github.com/larroy/mxnet/commit/46389e5851a60d06c37755e5772e6cbcd71b0080

Check the return code when executing the test ($? variable in bash for
example) and it will have the value explained here (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14599670/what-error-code-does-a-process-that-segfaults-return)
set. Then you can mark the full suite as crashed.

Pedro.