mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Tianqi Chen <tqc...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Accidental commits to 1.2.0 branch using Maven apache-release profile
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 20:28:39 GMT
This would only happen if somebody pushed some changes on these new commits
pushed 1.2.0 branch.

That is if I checked out 1.2.0 before the change is pushed, and rebase
against the code after squash, it will be fine. The problem will only
happen if someone checked out 1.2.0 after these commits get in, push their
own changes, then try to rebase

Tianqi

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Marco de Abreu <marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com
> wrote:

> It would be a history rewrite. Everybody would receive an error if they
> checked out the branch and try to merge or rebase.
>
> Naveen Swamy <mnnaveen@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 9. Juni 2018, 22:21:
>
> > how would it be devastating? it is just squashing a bunch of commits
> > together into 1 commit.
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 1:18 PM, Marco de Abreu <
> > marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I think we should never ever force push to a publish repository since
> we
> > > don't know what depends on it. I'd say we take this as a lesson learned
> > and
> > > leave it as it is.
> > >
> > > The impact could be way more devastating than the benefits
> > >
> > > -Marco

> rewrite
> > > the
> > push,