mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Indhu <indhubhara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: users@mxnet
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:36:59 GMT
I prefer the discuss forum over email for following reasons:

1. It is easier for newcomers. People can login using Facebook, Twitter or
GitHub Id

2. The format is much more readable for people who search for something in
a search engine and land on the page.

3. Markdown support makes it easier to read code in the discussion.

4. Like button and marking a reply as answer signals the usefulness of an
answer.

That said, if a reasonable number of people like email lists better, I'm
not against it as far as it can co-exist along with the discuss forum.

Thanks,
Indu

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018, 11:23 PM Sergio Fernández <wikier@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your opinion, Tianqi. I still would love to listen others'
> opinion on the topic to really assert anything.
>
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018, 21:41 Tianqi Chen <tqchen@cs.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> > Then who should represent the users who are using the forums but not the
> > mail-list? I personally think it is a bit abuse use of the term "Apache
> > way" to force our mind into the entire community... Maybe I am wrong..
> >
> > Tianqi
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Sergio Fernández <wikier@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Well, I do respect what you discussed in that meetup, if course. But
> for
> > > those who weren't there, maybe the decision taken what a bit bias.
> > >
> > > In Apache we like to say that "if it didn't happen on the mailing list
> s,
> > > it didn't happen" ;-)
> > >
> > > Look like there are different feelings about this. Should I cast a
> VOTE?

> > > that
> users'

> are