mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clojure Package
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 06:59:56 GMT
~/mxnet/contrib/clojure-package good place for the code.

the package name org.apache.mxnet.contrib.clojure ? do you need mxnet again?

I forgot to request to run some benchmarks and document. One of the reasons
users use MXNet is because of its performance and we want to ensure that we
maintain it across language bindings.

Also invite your other clojure programmer buddies to the party :)

Thanks, Naveen

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Carin Meier <carinmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh right. That's not a problem, I wonder if something like
>
> org.apache.mxnet.contrib/clojure-mxnet
>
> would work?
>
> If this seems like it is the right direction, we could work out the details
> in a PR.
>

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Naveen Swamy <mnnaveen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I agree with your assessment that we shouldn't need the user to change
> > their code. I am not sure if we can release under
> org.apache.clojure-mxnet
> > we might have to stick with our primary group id org.apache.mxnet and may
> > be create a sub-package under it? any creative ideas?
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 1:29 PM, Carin Meier <carinmeier@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the feedback everyone.
> > >
> > > I agree on the contrib option. I think it's a great path forward and
> > would
> > > allow it time for feedback, contribution by others, and stabilization.
> > >
> > > If I'm understanding correctly, that would mean putting the source code
> > in:
> > > ~/mxnet/contrib/clojure-package
> > >
> > > and having the artifact jar named
> > > `org.apache.contrib.clojure-mxnet/clojure-mxnet`
> > >
> > > I would recommend not having the individual namespaces of the files
> have
> > > contrib embedded in them, so that if it graduates, users won't have to
> > > change their code, only the dependency.
> > >
> > > Please let me know if this is correct or if there are any other ideas.
> > >
> > > - Carin

> > get

> > > work
> > > addition.