mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Swamy <mnnav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote to stop using JIRA
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 17:35:22 GMT
-1 (binding)

The very reason why JIRA was suggested so that the project is more open on
the features that are worked on. There are 900+ issues, that once in a
while gets closed without any reason has happened already once.
There is already integration with GitHub PRs, please check it out.

Features pop into the code-base without any discussion, they also get
removed without any discussion. PRs come in when the feature is complete,
not giving others  opportunity to understand/contribute or have a say.

If this project embraces the true Apache spirit and follow successful
practices we could get lot more people excited about this project. Many
successful Apache projects use JIRA, look at Apache Spark which has 1250+
contributors and built a community of 500,000 people around the world.

-Naveen