mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Carin Meier <carinme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clojure Package
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 20:06:41 GMT
Here is the PR https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11205

I've ported in the content from the external github repo (
https://github.com/gigasquid/clojure-mxnet), that has been tested by some
of the Clojure community, into the contrib directory.

There is still lots more to do in relation to adding tests, benchmarks, and
increasing stability, but I thought this might be a good point to bring it
in initially so that the other work can be reviewed in smaller chunks.
I also would like to get other people involved in making it better, so I
thought that having the base package in there would be a good starting
point for collaboration.

Feedback welcome.

- Carin

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Carin Meier <carinmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone. I'll work on getting together a PR with your feedback and
> post it here.
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:05 AM, Chen HY <chenhy12345@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would suggest using code generators in case upstream library adding the
>> functions for arrays.
>> It seems that cpp binding is using a code generator and works fine.

>> > ~/mxnet/contrib/clojure-package good place for the code.
>> >
>> > the package name org.apache.mxnet.contrib.clojure ? do you need mxnet
>> > again?
>> >
>> > I forgot to request to run some benchmarks and document. One of the
>> reasons
>> > users use MXNet is because of its performance and we want to ensure
>> that we
>> > maintain it across language bindings.
>> >
>> > Also invite your other clojure programmer buddies to the party :)
>> >
>> > Thanks, Naveen

>> > details

>> change
>> and