mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Becoming a Committer
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2018 06:34:36 GMT
Hi,

I would like to share some inspiration:

https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/success-at-apache-jfdi-the

I do believe in pulling people in quickly, in giving them responsibility early, on rewarding
contributions in a timely manner.

Apache was born out of a collaboration of people using a web server that was abandoned because
they depended on it for their daily work. The mechanisms build into the ASF are based on the
assumption that contributors work on projects based on their individual needs. On an on and
off schedule - as time permits. Requiring to work full time on a project to show sufficient
commitment doesn't allow for very many people to become committed to mxnet. It doesn't allow
for the project to survive times where there is no sponsoring entity.

People asking to have people desisions in public to me points to serious problems in the project.

Isabel