mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Mu Li <limu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accidental commits to 1.2.0 branch using Maven apache-release profile
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 21:44:41 GMT
The proposal is squash commits made from May 21 to June 7 into a single commit for the 1.2
branch. https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commits/v1.2.0  t should not affect the
master branch. But it may affect developers if they cloned and 1.2 some day between May 21
and June 7 and want to PR their changes later. But it less likely happens.

Best,
Mu

> On Jun 9, 2018, at 2:05 PM, Marco de Abreu <marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Would there be any benefit besides cosmetics? I'd propose to just leave it
> as-is.
>
> Tianqi Chen <tqchen@cs.washington.edu> schrieb am Sa., 9. Juni 2018, 22:28:
>
>> This would only happen if somebody pushed some changes on these new commits
>> pushed 1.2.0 branch.
>>
>> That is if I checked out 1.2.0 before the change is pushed, and rebase
>> against the code after squash, it will be fine. The problem will only
>> happen if someone checked out 1.2.0 after these commits get in, push their
>> own changes, then try to rebase
>>
>> Tianqi
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Marco de Abreu <
>> marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> It would be a history rewrite. Everybody would receive an error if they
>>> checked out the branch and try to merge or rebase.

>>> we
>> learned

>> 21:39:

>>> rewrite