mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Da" <dzz...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Regarding 1.2.1 patch release
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 23:44:42 GMT
Hello Anirudh,

There is a test (test_hybrid_multi_context) for https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10706
It's also tested by the C++ unit tests in https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10979
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10979/files#diff-8118d4fd8d897a9177f48257a466ea13R435

Best,
Da

´╗┐On 6/7/18, 3:37 PM, "Anirudh" <anirudh2290@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Da,

    Can you please open a PR to the 1.2 branch with the following PRs mentioned
    by you and Tao cherry picked onto release branch.

    I am a little concerned about the below two PRs since they don't have
    enough tests:

    <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10810>
    Can you please talk about the test coverage of these two PRs.

    Hi Tao,

    To answer your question about the criteria for choosing PRs for patch
    release: I think we haven't done patch release many times before and we
    don't have a clear set of criteria on what can go into the patch release.
    The main intention of doing patch release is to fix the undocumented
    backwards incompatible change from 1.1. Along with this critical fixes
    should also be pushed out. AFAIK, The "critical" here is not clearly
    defined by the community yet and we should use our best judgement here.
    According to me,  everything which has potential to impact a large number
    of MXNet users can be considered critical.

    The timeline for the patch release is "as soon as possible".
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11049 is not critical and
    will show up in mxnet.io docs in master when it is merged. I would be
    little hesitant about https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11095
    since it lacks test currently. We can consider
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11047 if it is merged in
    time.

    Anirudh