mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Auto scaling for MXNet CI
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 17:48:43 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to announce the deployment of auto scaling for our CI system (see
[1] for reference, setup documentation at [2]) for today at 11:00PM PST
05/15/18. I expect no downtime since these changes are happening outside of
Jenkins.

This system will increase the flexibility of our system to be able to
handle the increasing load, being a result of the growing number of great
contributions! In future, our CI will automatically adapt to the current
load and will thus support big tasks like the to-be-migrated nightly tests
or increased load before a release. Additionally, we're now able to provide
scalable p3.2xlarge instances and have the possibility to add new instance
types without much effort.

In future, you will see that new slaves are being started up as the queue
grows and stopped if they go into idle. Your tasks will automatically be
picked up and our system makes sure every PR gets processes as fast as
possible.

If you encounter any issues in the next week, please don't hesitate to
reach out to me. I'm looking forward to everyones feedback!

Best regards,
Marco

[1]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Proposal%3A+Auto+Scaling