mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: The New Scala API
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 01:49:41 GMT
Hey Naveen,

I'm not familiar with Scala, so please correct me if I'm wrong with my
assumptions. This basically sounds like we'd have an interface for the
Scala API and a separate implementation, right?

In general, I really like these decoupled approaches (you already
highlighted the advantages)! It would introduce a small overhead since we'd
have to define the traits and implementation at two (different) locations,
but it definitely increases clarity and separates concerns. I don't think
we will have multiple implementations in future, but this might allow us to
define the user-facing API in form of traits while allowing us to change
the underlying "glue" as we want.

My only slight concern is that this would introduce a bit more overhead
since the documentation and API are defined somewhere else, but I have no
experience with Scala, so I'll leave this up to the people who are more
familiar with the topic.

Best regards,
Marco