mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Markham <aaron.s.mark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pre-release versions on website
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 23:22:53 GMT
Hi Marco,
Putting 1.2.0 was meant to allow a preview and for testing, but I see how
this can cause confusion.

Change the names and/or hiding the RC is possible with some refactoring of
the site build scripts. I'd be happy to take a look at this.

I think another solution could be:
1. create pip installs for each release candidate
2. offer each release candidate on the install page (with instructions for
source and pip installs)
3. when there's a dropdown for version, in either the install or API docs
area it maps precisely to the release or release candidate

In the meantime, to prevent confusion, I'll remove 1.2.0 from the site.
Once we cut the release, or solved the points above, whichever is sooner,
the version(s) can be reintroduced to the site.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Marco de Abreu <marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com