mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Anirudh <anirudh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MKL with 1.2.0rc3
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 18:54:15 GMT
Hi Naveen,

There was an earlier flag for using MKLML which was a subset of MKL. I
think this flag was removed when MKLDNN was added.
I think the only replacement to the old MKLML is the MKLDNN feature that
was added. ( I am assuming this also installs the MKLML)
So if users don't want to use MKLDNN feature they will have to install the
full MKL library and set USE_BLAS=mkl if I am not wrong.

I would also like to understand more from others about what is the best way
to transition for users who were using MKLML flag earlier but don't want to
use
MKLDNN flag now ? (Both flags were experimental, but MKLML flag had been
around for some time.)

Anirudh