mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Markham, Aaron" <markh...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: installation page UX
Date Tue, 22 May 2018 19:21:16 GMT
Ultimately, I want to retire the version selector that swaps out the whole site. Version selection
can be at the API docs and at the install page where people would expect to have that option.

Side note, because this come up when mentioning removal of the versions dropdown for the site:
tutorials can be tagged with their minimum version & Python or other language support.
Keeping around v0.11.0 tutorials just creates really high bounce rates for the site.

I was hoping to tackle one problem at a time. We need clear install instructions for the 90%
of the visitors. We shouldn't complicate the install page with every corner case. I'd cut
the install page down to the bare minimum.

Basically +1 for PyTorch UI.
But... other considerations come into play. Is it ok to push the non-Python language binding
to their own pages?

And +1 for the direct linking capability - regardless of the UI.