mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Qing Lan <lanking...@live.com>
Subject The New Scala API
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:58:34 GMT
Hi All,

I am Qing, one of the Scala API maintainer for MXNet. I would like to propose a new design
on Scala APIs, it will be really helpful for user to use MXNet Symbol/NDArray. This is a follow-up
from Naveen’s proposal.

Background:
The current design on Scala would take arguments as key-value pair and didn’t provide the
type information for different arguments. There are document missing for different functions
which makes it even hard to use.

Our approach:
We will provide a better designed Scala API for user to use with full documentation and arguments
definition. All arguments will be specifically targeted to different functions. Please see
one example that we show in the Wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/MXNet+Scala+API+Usability+Improvement>
and leave any thoughts you may have. This wiki includes examples, targets and scenarios we
have so far.

Thanks,
Qing