mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Anirudh <anirudh2...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet(incubating) version 1.2.0.RC1
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 22:01:08 GMT
Hi all,

As part of RC1 release, We have addressed the issue with respect to
asymmetric padding in ONNX Import module (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10676).
We have also added existing silent failures for MXNet Conv and the
incompatibility in behavior for certain use cases between MXNet without
MKLDNN and MXNet with MKLDNN support to the release notes. We have marked
both ONNX and MKLDNN support as "Experimental" in the release notes. The
tutorial
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/docs/tutorials/onnx/fine_tuning_gluon.md>
which was called out still seems to be failing with cpu context and we have
mentioned this as a known issue in the release notes. Since, both MKLDNN
support and ONNX import module have been marked experimental this should
not be a blocking issue.

I would like to propose a vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version
1.2.0.RC1. Voting will start now (Thursday, April 26th) and end at 3:00 PM
PDT, Monday, April 30th.

Link to release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.2.0+Release+Notes

Link to release candidate 1.2.0.rc1:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.2.0.rc1

Voting results for 1.2.0.rc0:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c79327b822c47ec4f97dad463fc6cdfe2aa517772d22eca24c5c300f@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

View this page, click on “Build from Source”, and use the source code
obtained from the 1.2.0.rc1 tag:
https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/install/index.html

(Note: The README.md points to the 1.2.0 tag and does not work at the
moment.)

Please see a preview of the 1.2.0 version of the website at:
http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/versions/1.2.0/index.html

Anirudh