mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Huilgol <rahulhuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MXNet Name Change?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 20:58:44 GMT
Even changing the pronunciation is not an easy thing to do IMHO. As someone
who has been working on MXNet for the last 8 months, this thread is the
first time I am reading that MXNet is supposed to be pronounced 'mix-net'.
We risk losing the momentum even if we try to steer the pronunciation
towards something which is not popular currently.

I agree Gluon is a friendlier/cooler name. But since we are trying to
present Gluon as an interface which multiple frameworks can implement, I'm
not sure if we should try to shift the focus away from MXNet and towards
Gluon.

As far as adoption goes, I agree with Christopher that public benchmarks or
blog posts about how MXNet is better or more usable than other frameworks
would be worth spending effort on. Rebranding in a way to not lose the
existing momentum honestly sounds more difficult than this :)

By the way, we had some talk of a new friendlier logo sometime back. What
happened to that?

--
Rahul Huilgol