mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas DELTEIL <thomas.delte...@gmail.com>
Subject Tutorial tests in the CI
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2018 21:36:15 GMT
Hi all,

I have updated the CI to make sure all tutorials run in python2 and python3
on GPU, thanks Marco for the help.

I have updated the instructions for writing tutorials here:

But just a few reminders for people contributing tutorials:
- Thank you! Your contributions are very appreciated
- The full instructions for contributing tutorials are here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/example/README.md

Main points that are usually forgotten:
- Add <!-- INSERT SOURCE DOWNLOAD BUTTONS --> at the end of your python
tutorials to enable the download as a jupyter notebook (this now tested as
part of a sanity check on your PR)
- Add your tutorials to docs/tutorials/index.md for the tutorial to show up
on the website
- You can use <!--notebook-skip-line--> to prevent a line from being
generated in the notebook (useful for images ![](img_url) generated with
plt.imshow() for example)

New steps (Don't worry, the sanity check will catch it if you forget):
- (NEW) Add your tutorial test here: tests/tutorials/test_tutorials.py
- (NEW) Add your tutorial package dependencies here:
ci/docker/install/ubuntu_tutorials.sh

If you witness some flaky tutorials in the CI in the coming days, please
create an issue and tag me in it, I'll try to fix asap.

All the best,

Thomas