mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Xingjian SHI <xsh...@connect.ust.hk>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] tracking code changes with JIRA by associating pull requests
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 19:51:45 GMT
How should we use Github issues if we do that? Currently it's supposed that issues are created
before the PR.

Xingjian

________________________________
From: Chris Olivier <cjolivier01@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 3:44 AM
To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [RESULT][VOTE] tracking code changes with JIRA by associating pull requests

You should create the JIRA before you start work (long before the PR) so
that people know what's being worked on and don't overlap.  Ideally,
anything people work on should have been in JIRA for some time before work
starts so that there is some sort of holistic view of the direction of the
project rather than the way it is now, where PR's just appear out of
nowhere.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Xingjian SHI <xshiab@connect.ust.hk> wrote:

> What's the expected workflow if we use JIRA? I'm not clear about that.
> Currently I'll 1) submit the PR, 2) describe what's done in the PR in
> detail and refer to the related Github issues, 3) create the JIRA item by
> copying the PR description, 4) change the title of the PR to
> [MXNET-JIRA_ID]ORIGINAL_TITLE. During the process I find step-3/4 are
> somehow unnecessary.
>

> Best,
>
> Xingjian
>
> ________________________________

[SPARK-4502] Spark SQL reads unneccesary nested fields ...<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4502>
issues.apache.org
When reading a field of a nested column from Parquet, SparkSQL reads and assemble all the
fields of that nested column. This is unnecessary, as Parquet supports fine ...

> [SPARK-4502] Spark SQL reads unneccesary nested fields ...<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4502>
[SPARK-4502] Spark SQL reads unneccesary nested fields ...<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4502>
issues.apache.org
When reading a field of a nested column from Parquet, SparkSQL reads and assemble all the
fields of that nested column. This is unnecessary, as Parquet supports fine ...

> issues.apache.org
> When reading a field of a nested column from Parquet, SparkSQL reads and
> assemble all the fields of that nested column. This is unnecessary, as
> Parquet supports fine ...

> expectation
> > > for

> > > cjolivier01@gmail.com>

> in
> it's

> > cjolivier01@gmail.com>

is that
> the
 It may
> get
> > > more
> > because
> it

> szha.pvg@gmail.com>

> > > JIRA
> > of

which is created

comprehensively, if
> > we

> discussions

Abreu <

create JIRA tickets
> > when
mirror all comments
> the
issues.apache.org<https://issues.apache.org/>
issues.apache.org
Apache currently hosts two different issue tracking systems, Bugzilla and Jira. To find out
how to report an issue for a particular project, please visit the project ...

> issues.apache.org<https://issues.apache.org/>
issues.apache.org<https://issues.apache.org/>
issues.apache.org
Apache currently hosts two different issue tracking systems, Bugzilla and Jira. To find out
how to report an issue for a particular project, please visit the project ...

> issues.apache.org
> Apache currently hosts two different issue tracking systems, Bugzilla and
> Jira. To find out how to report an issue for a particular project, please
> visit the project ...

both ways. A comment on
GitHub. I think this
> > would