mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From kellen sunderland <kellen.sunderl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: move entirely to CMakefiles for building MXNet, drop Makefiles
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 17:21:15 GMT
Short term solution sounds good to me Chris.  Converting the CI should be
pretty easy.  One thing we should keep in mind is that there's going to be
a bunch of doc's we'll have to update.

Warning, slight thread hijack ahead:
As a more long term change I was wondering if we had considered using
hunter for third party packages?  It seems like a good system, and while it
likely won't have support for all our projects, we can contribute back
support for the ones we care about.

For me the primary benefit would be that it would conditionally fetch
source at build time based on your cmake configuration.  This would mean it
could say, detect you want opencv/mp/protobuf (if you're using onnx) and
then it'd check out the pinned version we specify and build for your
platform.