mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring docker handling on CI and locally
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 22:43:40 GMT
Exactly. The current implementation using ci_build.sh is tightly integrated
into system, especially due to  /tests/ci_build/with_the_same_user that can
only be executed on Ubuntu as container OS. Since we'll add CentOS 7 to our
supported OS, this change was necessary. We also used that moment to
restructure the Dockerfiles to allow better maintainability.

In terms of the OS the docker host is using, we will still be targetting
Ubuntu 16.04, but we're also going to establish compatibility with Mac.
Docker on Windows might work, but I don't it's time investing time into
exploring towards that direction.

-Marco