mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Refactoring docker handling on CI and locally
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 22:11:01 GMT
Hello,

we have identified issues with the way CI handles docker containers and
thus started a rewrite of this component.

Besides problems that limit the maintainability of our CI system, the
current solution is not extensible in terms of other operating systems
running inside the container. But more importantly, developers are not able
to reproduce CI issues locally on their computer. We would like to give
every developer the chance to reproduce problems locally without going
through an iterative trial & error process assisted by our CI system. I
will follow up with more documentation at a later point in stage.

This project will change the structure of our dockerfiles, remove a lot of
code from the Jenkinsfile, centralize the configuration and behaviour as
well as clean up some files. Please expect some merge conflicts after this
PR has been shipped. Right now we're in the process of migrating all jobs
to the new layout; you can track the progress at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/9946.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me in case of any questions.

Best regards,
Marco