mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject [LAZY VOTE] Upgrade CI to CUDA 9.1 with CuDNN 7.0
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:51:13 GMT
Hello,

this is a vote to upgrade our CI environment from the current CUDA 8.0 with
CuDNN 5.0 to CUDA 9.1 with CuDNN 7.0. Reason being that NVCC under CUDA 8
does not support the Volta GPUs used in AWS P3 instances and thus limiting
our test capabilities. More details are available at [1].

In order to introduce support for Quantization [1], I'd like to perform a
system-wide upgrade. This should have no negative impact in our users but
rather makes sure that we're actually testing with the latest versions. The
PR is available at [3].

This means that we would stop verifying CUDA 8 and CuDNN 5.0 as part of our
PR process. At a later point in time, this could be picked up as a
candidate for an integration test as part of the nightly suite.

This is a lazy vote, ending on 17th of March, 2018 at 17:00 (UTC +1).

Best regards,
Marco

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MXNET-99
[2]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/9552