mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Rochel <steffenroc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: call for contributions to next MXNet release
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 01:33:15 GMT
Hi Anirudh - just to clarify - April 9th as target to create 1st release
candidate to start voting process. Suggest to focus between feature freeze
on March 30th and 1st release candidate on April 9th  to address the long
list of known bugs - https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/Bug

Regards,
Steffen

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 5:24 PM Anirudh <anirudh2290@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Chris and I will be working on the 1.2.0 release. If you haven't already,
> please let me know if you have any new features that you are working on and
> would like
> to be included in the release.
>
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/
> Project+Proposals+for+next+MXNet+Release>
>
> The plan is to do the code freeze by March 30th with target release date
> of April 9th.
>
> Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions.
>

> Anirudh
>

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:09 AM, Pedro Larroy <
> pedro.larroy.lists@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Patric
> >
> > Does it make sense to add instructions to link against mkl in the install
> > docs?
> >
> > For example in OSX you can use MKL by downloading
> > https://github.com/intel/mkl-dnn/releases and adding MKL_RT_LIBRARY and
> > MKL_INCLUDE_DIR plus  -DUSE_MKL_IF_AVAILABLE=ON -DUSE_MKLML_MKL=ON
> > -DUSE_MKLDNN=ON
> >
> > This is not documented in the website.
> >
> > What's the performance increase of using MKL in osx when running in CPU
> > mode?
> >
> > Pedro
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Zhao, Patric <patric.zhao@intel.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > My fault, typo for your name, Larroy  :(

MKLDNN being

> > März

engineer)  can
> work