mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Olivier <cjolivie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: move entirely to CMakefiles for building MXNet, drop Makefiles
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 17:14:32 GMT
This was agreed upon some time ago in a github issue thread, unless there
are new objections to it.

As far as I know, it's just a matter of someone putting in the work to add
more functionality to cmake or to fuse the two builds.

One solution for the short term might include having the Makefile launch
cmake for most of the build and fall back to Makefile for some of the
remaining stuff, like scalapkg, rpkg, etc.

btw, cmake uses the openmp in 3rdparty