mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Hen <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please Help Fix MXNet Licensing Issues for the next Release!
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 17:58:58 GMT
I think we should revert the license file to the previous, and improve from
there. The policy is:

"The LICENSE file MUST contain the full text of the Apache License 2.0
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt>.

When a package bundles code under several licenses, the LICENSE file MUST
contain details of all these licenses. For each component which is not
Apache licensed, details of the component MUST be appended to the LICENSE file.
The component license itself MUST either be appended or else stored
elsewhere in the package with a pointer to it from the LICENSE file, e.g.
if the license is long."

Looking at Justin's feedback linked on the wiki page, his objection was
missing items in the license file.

I know there was a suggestion to remove the listing of components to make
it harder to have missing items, but that shouldn't mean removing license
text. If two components don't have exactly the same license text then they
are not the same license. Most commonly nowadays that means that you can't
merge BSD licenses together, and sometimes can't merge MIT together
(depending on variants and how you handle the copyright statements).

Hen