mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: CI failure due to offline llvm.org
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 00:02:40 GMT
While it's a quite harsh solution to delete the entire workspace, I think
that it's a good way. Git checkout takes between 2 and 10 seconds, so I
don't think we need to optimize in that regard.

git clean is our 'soft' approach to clean up. Deleting the workspace is the
'hard' approach, so this shouldn't be an issue.

But there is one catch: Windows builds are not containerized and while we
delete the workspace, there could still be a lot of files which are not
being tracked. In future I'd like to have at least a file-system-layer in
between our tests and the host, but we will have to analyze if something
like this exists. At the moment, we even got tests writing to system32.

-Marco