mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Rochel <steffenroc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release plan - MXNET 1.0.1
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:51:36 GMT
Hi Sheng -
1. branch usage and versioning - lets converge our discussion and document
the agreement on wiki. I started a draft summarizing my understanding of
the proposal at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Release+Versioning+and+Branching.
Lets work together to refine and clarify the draft, so we have clarity
going forward. I'm inviting everyone to contribute to this discussion.
As MKLDNN integration is not ready yet and we want to release all the good
improvements including updates in tutorials and documentation I suggest we
move forward with the release asap. As we don't have major features or
non-compatible API changes (to best of my knowledge) I think it is
appropriate to label the release as 1.0.1.
Note: This label indicates a patch release. Patch releases should be
created from the related release branch. As we didn't plan for it and to
minimize overhead I suggest we make a one time exception to cut the 1.0.1
release from master branch and clearly communicate in release notes. Going
forward we should follow the methodology for versioning and branching to
whatever we agree on.
2. Disabled tests: I agree with your concerns that we had to disable 13
tests due to non-deterministic behavior (see issues
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/Flaky>). I'm calling on
all contributors to help to resolve the non-deterministic behavior, so we
can improve our test coverage. As we discussed offline, lets tests manually
short term, document the known issue in the release notes and prioritize
efforts post 1.0.1 release.

Regards,
Steffen