mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Bhavin Thaker <bhavintha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - January 2018
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 19:50:54 GMT
Hi Henri,

Makes sense. I have forked-off a new email thread requesting feedback on
how to increase/improve community involvement for Apache MXNet Incubating.

I will talk to one of the committers to propose the list of new committers
so that the discussion happens within the committers team.

Thanks,
Bhavin Thaker.

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Hen <bayard@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Bhavin. Let's definitely get that as an active conversation.
>
> In general I'm okay with the report. I'm having login pains with the wiki
> (yay for non-ldap service), but chatted with Suneel on IM and he said he'd
> update the wiki for me (much appreciated Suneel, thank you :) ).
>
> Hen
>
> On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:19 PM, Bhavin Thaker <bhavinthaker@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Henri, dev@
> >
> > 1/  No contributors have been proposed so far but there have been few
> folks
> > who have had significant contributions to MXNet. There is no email thread
> > yet. I propose that the committers review the contributions on a
> quarterly
> > basis.
> >
> > 2/ The hope is to get more contributors based on various MXNet talks at
> > conferences, universities, etc. If anybody has suggestions on how to
> > increase the contributions to MXNet, please share your ideas.
> >
> > Bhavin Thaker.
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:15 PM Hen <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Few items that flagged for me in the report:
> > >
> > > 1/  "We are working on finding more contributors to the project." +
> > "There
> > > is a plan to convert more contributors into committers in early 2018."
> > >
> > > I haven't seen this being discussed; is there a thread? Or if not,
> what's
> > > the plan here?
> > >
> > > 2/ Noting that there needs to be more blogging on the Apache blog. I
> > would
> > > assume that an Apache blog entry is Apache 2.0 licensed; thus it would
> be
> > > perfectly fine imo to post on the Apache site and then on the AWS site
> > > (with reference to it being previously posted on the Apache blog).
> > >
> > > Hen

> > > then

> > comment.
> > > Great