mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commiter access to Jenkins Sevrer
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 14:12:24 GMT
Agree that comitters should have access to Jenkins.

I would like to as ask for some patience due to the ongoing progress
on the CI work and thank Amazon for providing the resources for
running the new CI and the great job done by Marco and the infra team.

Are there some volunteers in helping with the authentication mechanism
for committers?

Pedro.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Marco de Abreu
<marco.g.abreu@googlemail.com> wrote:
> While compile errors may be reproduced that way, it's hard to run any tests
> due to the required softlink to the compiled binaries. It is possible, but
> very inconvenient to use and thus it renders reproducing test results very
> hard.
>
> I have been thinking about giving the possibility to download the generated
> artefacts during build stage - for debugging reasons only! This way, they
> can be used in conjunction with unit tests to reproduce a test failure, but
> this still needs some discussions and a security review.
>
> -Marco
>
> Am 06.01.2018 12:59 nachm. schrieb "kellen sunderland" <
> kellen.sunderland@gmail.com>:
>
>> Regarding the comments around reproducibility, what parts of the CI are
>> people having trouble reproducing now?  I'm in favour of making our AMIs
>> public for transparency reasons (and so that people can provide suggestions
>> on how to improve them), but I'm not sure it would help in terms of
>> reproducibility for any system other than Windows.  When I have an error in
>> CI I generally just do a `make clean` in my mxnet root source dire, then
>> copy the failing command from CI, i.e. `tests/ci_build/ci_build.sh cpu
>> --dockerbinary docker make DEV=1 USE_PROFILER=1 USE_CPP_PACKAGE=1
>> USE_BLAS=openblas -j$(nproc)`.  Are there CI tasks (other than Windows)
>> that don't work for people?  If so maybe we can help fix those?
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 11:50 AM, kellen sunderland <
>> kellen.sunderland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > +1, thanks for the work Marco.

>> few

>> Chris