mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on how to increase community involvement on Apache MXNet incubating?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:22:35 GMT
Agreed with Chris and Jeff. Googling for MXNet roadmap is
enlightening. Also the communication channels are disperse.
I would remove suggesting "Ask questions" in issues in the README.md
because this encourages inflation of issues that are just questions.

We should link to the slack channel or discuss or mailing list in the
README and be clear on how to use those communication channels.

More visibility on epics / roadmap in something like Trello? Roadmap
tagged issues right not don't seem to be really maintained.

Explicitly asking in a TODO file or in the README or the Wiki on how
other people can contribute.
Having a list of "low hanging fruit" issues for newcomers to pick and
get familiar contributing to the project.
Making a blog post about how to contribute to MXNet, can be as simple
as how to use CLion to contribute to the project and send a patch...

Just my thoughts.

Pedro.